i should say that halloween itself is not a holiday that i'm IN LOVE with. really, i love it just for the fact that you can dress up and have candy. i hate horror movies and anything dark so i just ignore all the goo and gore for the fact that I LOVE CANDY AND COSTUMES!
- fabric. i bought the silvery fabric for can and green stuff for the beans and hat. the rest came from scraps.
- stuffing for the beans of course. you could really gut some old stuffed animals but thats sad so you can find this stuff at a fabric craft store. i got my at JoAnnes.
- boning. you know, the stuff that holds your strapless dress up or you maybe what you find in a bar. i got this at my local PA fabric outlet but they would have it at JoAnnes too. I used this to create the frame of the can. I realized afterwards that i just needed two loops at the top and bottom.
- stiff felt. this i had laying around an was perfect for the lid. i covered it in fabric and although it was kind of floppy still worked. I used boning to get it to tilt up a little and connect it to the main costume.
- mini shopping cart and fake veggies- if these weren't borrowed from family i don't know if this costume would have been as ultimately amazing as it was. they were the icing on the cake!